Our client is a Fortune 500 payer and is a leading provider of traditional and consumer-directed healthcare insurance plans and related services. This includes medical, pharmaceutical, dental, behavioral health, long-term care and disability plans, provided primarily through employer-paid (fully or partly) insurance and benefit programs and Medicare. The organization’s network includes 22.1 million medical members, 12.7 million dental members, 13.1 million pharmacy benefit management services members, 1,200,000 health-care professionals, over 690,000 primary care doctors and specialists and over 5,700 hospitals.
At emids, we have a team of ServiceNow experts who help organizations implement IT Service Management solutions via the ServiceNow tool designed to boost IT productivity and performance, and the overall impact of IT, by automatically assigning mundane tasks such as routing requests to relevant assignment groups and auto-categorization.
The client had been utilizing our ServiceNow tool to manage information technology services for various subsidiaries for a number of years. However, following an acquisition by another large organization, they embarked on a series of integration projects that challenged the tool’s ability to scale quickly and effectively.
Three primary issues concerning the usability of the ServiceNow tool needed to be addressed:
- Lack of innovative speed and scale due to disparate ServiceNow instances. Use of different ServiceNow instances meant reliance on multiple point tools, making it difficult to support new innovation. Manually routing and categorizing incidents is quite time-consuming.
- Absence of visibility creating risk and keeping IT stuck in maintenance mode. The organization stored data in multiple systems, making it difficult to get a single, actionable view of their IT performance.
- Increase cost of ownership on old applications with outdated hardware. Significant time and resources were being spent maintaining existing IT systems without receiving new benefits.
We developed three effective solutions that significantly increased the client’s usability of the ServiceNow tool.
First, we created a broad IT app portfolio on an extensible, scalable platform that future-proofs the organization’s investment. Our solution was to help the client easily extend its IT management capabilities without having to invest in costly and complex integrations and hardware. This was achieved by bringing data and processes into a single ServiceNow instance.
Next, we produced a single system of action and machine learning, allowing fragmented data to be replaced by automated work. We enabled the organization’s IT services to be managed from a single system of action with simplified reporting and machine learning, driving higher levels of automation.
Last, we achieved security and domain separation to ensure personalized services to subsidiaries. A domain-separated infrastructure made it possible to deliver services fast, with built-in proven practices, from a secure cloud with 99.995% uptime, all while ensuring employee records, service catalogs and workflows were customized to meet the needs of each subsidiary.
Because of our proposed solutions, the organization can now:
- Drive digital transformation and new efficiencies with automation. We helped the company drive automation and gain more visibility into IT performance. By gaining more insight into service metrics, it became easier to implement new innovation and improve customer satisfaction.
- Deliver reliable IT services quickly from any device, anywhere, at any time. The client can now find and resolve IT issues more quickly than ever before.
- Manage continual improvement using built-in analytics and shift the budget to innovation. With a single ServiceNow instance, the organization realized infrastructure cost savings simply by having to pay for a single instance, saving up to $500k in the process.