- Contact us by submitting an online form on the Sites;
- Communicate with us by email, telephone, mail, or facsimile;
- Sign up to receive email, mail, or other communications from us;
- Apply for a job at emids;
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), emids Technologies UK PVT Ltd (“emids UK”) is a Data Processor with respect to the Personal Information (e.g., patients’ data) that emids UK processes on behalf of its customers through our products and services. We are not responsible for the data privacy practices of our customers, which may differ from ours. If you have any questions about our customers’ data privacy practices, please contact them directly.
What Information We Collect
We may collect the following information about you (collectively, “Personal Information”):
- Contact information, such as your name; your place of business; job title; postal address; email address; phone number, and any personal or business contact information you voluntarily provide to emids;
- Financial information, such as your credit card information, bank account details, and other payment processing information;
- Job application information, such as your resume; curriculum vitae; employment history; educational history; references; qualifications; and any demographic information you share with us, such as your age/date of birth, race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, and marital status;
- Comments, questions, and complaints that you submit to us regarding our products, services, or the Sites;
- Site usage information, including information we automatically receive about the devices you use to access the Sites, your IP address, the type of Internet browser used to visit the Sites, the areas of the Sites you visited and the actions you performed on the Sites, and information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you participate in a survey, promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with emids.
How We Use Your Information
|Categories of Personal Information||Purpose of Processing||Legal Basis for Processing|
|Contact information||Respond to you when you contact us||Legitimate Interests
Performance of a contact with you
|Contact information||Send you messages about special offers and products and services that may be of interest to you||Legitimate Interests
|Contact information||Send you updates about the products and services you are using, information about orders you place with us, and customer service communications||Legitimate Interests
Performance of a contact with you
|Contact information; financial information; comments, questions, and complaints; site usage information; other information you choose to provide||Provide you with our products and services in accordance with our agreements with you||Legitimate Interests
Performance of a contact with you
|Site usage information; contact information; comments, questions, and complaints; other information you choose to provide||Generate internal reports and conduct analytics about your use of the Sites, our products, and services that allows us to improve your user experience||Legitimate Interests
|Job application information||Evaluate your candidacy for a position at emids||Legitimate Interests
|Site usage information||Serve you advertisements when you visit the Sites||Legitimate Interests
|Contact information; other information you choose to provide||Conduct surveys and publish survey results||Legitimate Interests
Consent (depending on your jurisdiction)
|All categories||Ensure legal compliance and exercise our legal rights, such as enforcing our agreements with you||Legitimate Interests
Compliance with a legal obligation, such as if we are required to disclose information pursuant to regulatory or labor law requirements
|All categories||Protect you other users of our Sites, products, and services and third parties||Legitimate Interests|
|All categories||Protect our rights and property||Legitimate Interests|
|Site usage information||Ensure the security of the Sites||Legitimate Interests|
|All categories||Carry out certain internal functions, such as information management, account processing, client services, or other data collection relevant to our business||Legitimate Interests|
|All categories||Enable our third-party service providers to provide us with support and other services||Legitimate Interests
Performance of a contract with you
|All categories||Investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activities that threaten the integrity of our products, services, and the Sites||Legitimate Interests|
|All categories||Protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of others, as required by courts or administrative agencies||Legitimate Interests|
|All categories||Facilitate a financing, sale, merger, or reorganization of our business or assets||Legitimate Interests|
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Our corporate affiliates and associates (g., parent company, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control);
- Third-party service providers that support emids’ administration, provision, and marketing of its products, services, and the Sites;
- Third parties as requested, directed, or consented to by you; and
- To a company that acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- Category 1: Strictly necessary. These cookies and other technologies are strictly necessary to enable you to use the Sites.
- Category 2: User choices. These cookies and other technologies allow us to remember the choices you have made with respect to the Sites and to track your user preferences.
- Category 3: Third-Party Cookies. These cookies and other technologies are placed by our third-party partners for web analytics or advertising purposes.
Generally, you may stop or restrict the placement of any cookies on your computer by adjusting your web browser preferences, but please note that this may impact your ability to use the Sites.
International Data Transfers
Right to Opt Out of Marketing
To opt-out of receiving marketing from us, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of a marketing email or let us know by reaching us at the contact information below. Please note that even if we stop all marketing communications, you may still receive administrative, legal, and other important communications from us.
Additional Rights of GDPR Data Subjects
If you are a GDPR Data Subject (as defined above), you have the following rights:
- Access. You have the right to get a clear and understandable confirmation of what Personal Information we process about you. You also have the right to access this Personal Information as well as information on how we process it.
- Rectification. You are entitled to have incorrect Personal Information concerning you rectified upon your request. Considering the purpose of the processing, you may also, in some cases, be entitled to supplement incomplete Personal Information.
- Deletion. In certain cases, you may request that we delete your Personal Information (such as if your Personal Information is no longer necessary to meet the purpose for which it was collected, if you have objected to the processing of Personal Information and we do not have a legitimate interest which is more important your interest, if the Personal Information has been processed illegally, or if the Personal Information must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation).
- Restriction. In certain cases, you may request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information (such as when we are confirming the accuracy of your Personal Information, if the processing is illegal, if we no longer need your Personal Information but you need it to determine, enforce or defend legal claims, or if we are assessing whether we may lawfully process your Personal Information pursuant to our legitimate interests).
- Objection. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information that is based on our legitimate interest. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to withdraw your consent for processing if we are processing your Personal Information pursuant to your consent.
- Portability. In certain cases, you are entitled to obtain the Personal Information you have provided to us in electronic format. You may also request that we transfer such Personal Information to another data controller.
- Right to complain to a Data Protection Authority: You have the right to file a complaint at any time with the relevant data protection authority. For example, you may use the following information to contact with UK Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office:
c/o CaseWork, Information Commissioner’s Office
If you wish to exercise your rights listed above, please contact us using the information in the “Contact emids” section below. We will respond to your written request without unreasonable delay and in accordance with any deadlines imposed by law. Unless we notify you at the time of your request, we will not charge you any fee in connection with the exercise of your rights.
Security and Retention of Personal Information
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable technical, physical and administrative security measures intended to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Please keep in mind, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by persons other than the intended recipient. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit using the Site.
We keep your Personal Information for as long as needed to fulfill the particular purpose for which it was collected. We may also retain your records if legally required or to fulfill our legitimate interests, including, but not limited to, defending emids against a legal claim.
The Sites may contain links to websites not affiliated with emids. Your use of an external website or any informational content found on an external website is subject to and governed by the privacy policies, terms, and conditions of that website. Further, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any external websites.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents have a legal right to request organizations to tell them how their Personal Information has been shared, if at all, with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please reach us at the contact information listed below. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year, and we reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified below.
Do Not Track
Certain web browsers and other devices you may use to access the Sites may permit you to submit your preference that you do not wish to be “tracked” online. We do not currently commit to responding to “do not track” requests, in part, because no common industry standard for “do not track” has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators. We will make efforts to monitor developments around Do Not Track browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which we use your personal information, please contact us at Manjunath.Iyer@emids.com.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of your country of residence.