The demands placed on most healthcare providers’ IT support teams are growing faster than their budgets will allow. These demands can include implementation, optimization, maintenance, performance improvement and quality initiatives.
emids has developed numerous Application Management Solutions (AMS) designed to complete routine support requests and tasks, ultimately providing solutions that will allow you to keep your team focused on the strategic initiatives that will help transform your organization.
emids provides solutions that offer in-depth knowledge and has experience managing production HIT applications for organizations just like yours. emids has supported mission-critical applications in diverse healthcare systems, including children’s hospitals and integrated delivery networks. These solutions can expand your HIT team’s capabilities through our offsite, fixed-price HIT application support, in addition to offloading the burden of system support and routine EHR tasks including maintenance, upgrades and reporting, allowing you to focus on the future.
emids provides the following value:
- Break fix, change requests and routine maintenance
- No-cost initial discovery and orientation
- A flexible, knowledgeable support team
- Full 24/7 support within 30 days
- Fixed-fee SLA support, with the cost adjusted down over time
Which means you can:
- Put your best people on projects that matter most to your organization
- Offer support for fixes, enhancements, new regulatory requirements and upgrades while still moving ahead with implementation, optimization and performance improvement efforts
- Receive predictable, flexible, cost-effective services from a trusted partner with financial stability, experience and scale
An integrated delivery network was transitioning from McKesson Horizon to Epic but needed to move forward with McKesson initiatives in the interim. emids provided an Interim Manager of Clinical Applications to provide legacy system support, in conjunction with additional project managers, application experts and training consultants. The team performed both onsite and remote work to accomplish numerous goals including:
- Upgrading the legacy lab application
- Providing build, training and attestation for Meaningful Use in McKesson
- Offering training for ICD-10
- Supporting go-live on McKesson Mediation Reconciliation
- Addressing trouble tickets and applying service packs and upgrades
- Applying McKesson service packs and upgrades
The end result: The client received the necessary MU Stage 1 incentive, was able to perform medication reconciliation in McKesson and shifted IT staff to learning and building in Epic.