Healthcare organizations have been slow adopters of cloud computing—a high compliance bar for privacy and security makes the cloud a risky proposition. Another issue is the difficulty in changing workflows for nurses, physicians and administrators when introducing new technology. Yet, healthcare IT leaders know that cloud computing brings efficiencies, open access and a rapid platform for innovation—all of which are factors critical to transforming healthcare.
Healthcare technology firms are turning to the cloud to improve time to market to host new products and services. The cloud brings affordable scalability and high performance for new applications. That’s a boon for healthcare technology firms, given the rate of change in IT needs and business processes. Yet the industry also has unique requirements for privacy, security and user experience. Getting this right amid competitive pressures for delivery can be overwhelming.
emids’ two decades of experience working with health IT firms gives us an intrinsic understanding of healthcare workflows, objectives and evolving requirements. We can strike the right balance between compliance and usability to drive end-user benefits. Our services for cloud enablement include:
- Cloud strategy assessment to evaluate the existing application stack and develop a roadmap for migration
- Design and selection of optimal cloud models, such as private or hybrid, along with selection of cloud infrastructure vendors
- Application assessment and migration roadmap planning
- Cloud governance strategy, incorporating security, privacy and data quality
- Cloud application development and quality assurance using streamlined methods, such as test-driven development (TDD), to ensure top-notch performance, security and reliability of critical healthcare applications
- Cloud application and infrastructure support, including troubleshooting
- DevOps and Agile orientation for rapid time-to-market
No cloud project is too complex for emids. In one instance, we rebuilt a healthcare IT firm’s legacy EHR and practice management system to a cloud-based system based on the latest .NET stack. The upgraded system incorporates a new interface engine for connections with external systems. We have also led many large-scale cloud enablement projects involving dozens of modules and complex interoperability needs.