Healthcare organizations are moving to Agile development practices to speed time-to-market and improve efficiencies across the development process with the goal of better quality software. To overcome entrenched silos of employees and processes and better manage multi-vendor outsourcing strategies, many companies are utilizing BA/QA integration. Along with improving efficiencies along the process and helping companies make the leap to Agile, BA/QA integration provides several benefits.
- Higher-quality development and reduced time to market, as the product is tested according to the way it was built.
- Improved alignment with Agile processes, supporting cross-functional roles and tightly integrated development processes.
- Consolidation of deep product and process expertise into key individuals and reduction of silos to just two groups: BA/QA and development.
- Development teams can work faster, particularly when changes and new features are required at a moment’s notice.
- The BA/QA manager is in close touch with product managers and sales, and can therefore develop new requirements and validate them in a coordinated, streamlined fashion without the risk of incomplete knowledge transfer.
- In an outsourced IT environment, BA/QA integration also offers a valuable balance to development, since the outsourced group could focus on development while the in-house team or a second vendor handles BA/QA, spreading the risk and providing a checks-and-balances process to optimize quality.
- Quantifiable increase in quality metrics: Regarding critical defects, when a company integrates these two functions, they can reduce UAT leakage defects from 4 percent or higher to less than 1 percent. That translates into measurable savings in time as well as development costs.
Tell us in the comments what steps you’ve taken to overcome the challenges of entrenched silos in your organization.
Healthcare Consumerism: How Payers and Providers Are Using Technology to Meet Consumer Needs
by emids ● December 2, 2016
Consumerism is gaining ground in the healthcare industry and reshaping the way healthcare will be delivered in the future. As healthcare premiums rise to $17,000 a year for the ave...
How the Internet of Things (IoT) Is Paving the Way for Ambient User Experience
by emids ● October 31, 2016
Ambient user experience occurs when various technology systems and devices—and the data gathered by them—seamlessly interact and adapt to user needs based on the context in whi...
Ready to get started?
Contact us today!