DESCRIPTION Contract to Hire. Please pay close attention to the comments section below. SUMMARY: Designs, develops, configures, and implements solutions to resolve complex and highly complex technical and business issues related to related to information security, identity management, user access authentication, authorization, user provisioning, and role-based access control. Designs, develops, and implements solutions to successfully … Continue reading Active Directory Engineer
Contract to Hire. Please pay close attention to the comments section below.
- Designs, develops, configures, and implements solutions to resolve complex and highly complex technical and business issues related to related to information security, identity management, user access authentication, authorization, user provisioning, and role-based access control.
- Designs, develops, and implements solutions to successfully integrate new information security and identity management systems with the existing architecture.
- Provides end-user support as directed by management and works on multiple functions of high complexity. Identifies and recommends functional, technological and/or control solutions.
- May drive one or more projects as part of a Security or Security Risk Management team.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for one or more security, IDM, or risk management areas.
- May act as team-lead for other security or risk management personnel.
- Experience evaluating and implementing new hardware and software solutions and managing vendor support/SLA required.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/BSD operating systems preferred.
- 4+ years technical project experience designing, developing, integrating, and implementing solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues preferred.
- Coding experience and proficiency (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Java, bash, etc) preferred.
- Experience in Windows Office (Work, Excel, etc) required.
- Experience in UNIX/Linux OS and/or Cisco IOS strongly preferred.
- 6 years’ experience in enterprise-scale development, access management, and/or identity management solutions strongly preferred.
Must have deep experience in working within Active Directory Engineering.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
- Two or more relevant technical/professional security certifications (such as: COMP-TIA Network+, Security+, SANS GIAC, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, or vendor-specific) required.
- Proficient understanding of regulatory and compliance mandates, including but not limited to HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley preferred.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare environments preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Access Management, Identity Management, or related development experience required.
- Ability to write complex IDM code and read and understand IDM trace files and configure and customize IDM Connectors, experience and skill reaching out to vendors for needed features via enhancement requests preferred.
TOP NON-NEGOTIABLE SKILLS:
- Active Directory Upgrades,
- DNS Management/Cleanup,
- Microsoft Best Practices
- We need someone with documented previous experience with large scale AD deployments including Migrations and upgrades.
- Coaches and trains engineers integration of systems, including but not limited to databases, applications, network elements and devices, and data storage
- Guides an mentors engineers on the development of custom scripts, programs, and application interfaces to enhance existing monitoring infrastructure as part of project team efforts
- Pursue continuing education to maintain advanced knowledge of best practices, compliance requirements, and threats and trends in identity management and information security, translating into operational action items, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as part of the IT Security team
- Develop root-cause analysis strategies to determine improvement opportunities when failures occur. Contribute as lead and SME on incident research and resolution when appropriate, mentoring incident team members
- Assist in Continual Service Improvement efforts by identifying, and sometimes leading, opportunities for process improvement.
- Manage workload, prioritizing tasks and documenting time, and other duties.
- Provides training, coaching, and mentoring for Engineers and Senior Engineers in the IT Security organization.
- Assists management in the definition of cross-platform information security and/or identity management policies and procedures as well as a senior contributor on departmental (IT Security) standard operating procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Drive and participate in the collection and documentation of departmental knowledge artifacts; key participant in the development, population, and championing of knowledge management and collaboration systems for the IT Security team.
- Communicates complex technical information to team members and all levels of management.
- Provides identity management advice and support for network systems and applications.
- Act as a security advocate for IT operations team’s adherence to Dignity Health policies and industry best practices.
- Mentors and guides fellow engineers in the selection, installation, integration, configuration, and maintenance of identity management systems.
- Defines Identity Management (IDM) frameworks for existing and new systems.
- Review and perfect diagrams, maps, and documentation of interrelated architecture and systems, pro-actively review solutions to determine possible failure points, coaching engineers accordingly
and link to Linkedin profile